Major Project 1 - Final Compilation & Reflection
21/04/26 – 21/07/26 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Major Project - Final Compilation & Reflection
Cindy Noverin / 0376409
Bachelor of Design in Creative Media / Taylors University
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Instruction
FEEDBACK
REFLECTION
Experience
Throughout this major project module I feel like it is a very fun model since I could explore on projects that I want to do for myself especially when you do this alone you are free to choose whatever project that you want to do, however the freedom to choose is also a minus for me, because I really like to change my idea whenever I'm not happy with the outcome that I have so far and throughout this project I have changed my idea twice firstly from being with a teammate to doing solo than on my first solo idea I decided to change it again because I feel like I won't be enjoying the progress if I'm starting to hate the idea of my project.
I have learned a lot from this module, I learned how to do more research because just one research is not enough, really analyze the user need and build the experience of an application around the user instead of using assumptions. Because by using assumptions it will not help the project especially help the target user if it's not based on the user's need.
Observations
Throughout the development process, I observed that UX design is much more than creating visually appealing interfaces. It requires continuous research, user testing, and iteration to ensure that every design decision improves the overall user experience. I also noticed that feedback from supervisors and users often revealed issues that I had overlooked, reinforcing the importance of evaluating designs from different perspectives.
Findings
One of the biggest findings from this project is that UX design requires a great deal of patience, critical thinking, and continuous refinement. Compared to previous semesters, where I mainly focused on adjusting layouts or visual elements, this project challenged me to think more deeply about the purpose behind every design decision. Since this is a Final Year Project, I had to carefully consider how every feature, interaction, and user flow would contribute to the overall experience. Ultimately, I learned that creating a successful application is not just about making it look attractive, but about ensuring that it effectively solves users' problems and provides a meaningful experience.
What to expect in the future
Moving forward, I hope to continue improving my skills in UX research and user-centred design by applying what I have learned throughout this project. This Final Year Project has shown me that creating a good user experience requires continuous learning, testing, and iteration rather than relying on assumptions or personal preferences. and as this first half of fyp is coming to an end I hope to develop this app further for kids to actually find the fun in activities outside of their screen.
Comments
Post a Comment