Advanced Interactive - Final Project

 24/04/26 - 31/07/26 (Week 1 - Week 14)

Cindy Noverin / 0376409

Bachelor of Design in Creative Media / Taylors University

Advance Interactive Design - Proposal


TABLE OF CONTENTS

Instructions

Proposal

Progress

final website

Reflection


INSTRUCTIONS




Proposal

WebsiteDesignProposal by Cindy Noverin


Progress work


to start working on the final project, I first started drawing various asset

then I exported all the asset into oen folder and tried making the intro and navigation to all the pages, id say that this is the most complicated stage because the  navigation bar just deosnt woek sometime and using animate on my macbook requires me to close and open the file thousand of times each time i tried to launch the website because It wouldn't update unless I save close and open it again or reset animate overall

I tried to tween the intro animation as flowy as possible but turnsout the animation couldnt work if I play with the scale and position at the same time especially for the island so I had to click one pivot point and scale it from that, 


then I continue with the homepage, which I just decided to add this page because I didn't have one on figma prototype, I was thinking to atleast let the user land on a pretty page introducing the main signature of bagan siapi api which is the bakar tongkang tradition


after finishing the homepage, I moved on to the folklore page which I like the most with the fireflies floatinga round and all, i was thinking to have the fireflies scatter when user click one but when I used the labelling frame method the transition is not possible, so I just do what I can, and it came out good enough.


then this culinary part, where I wasted most of my time developing on because I decided that I wanted to draw 12 different food and have them spin around, I didn't get the gsap quite right, but on this part gemini help a lot with the code and framing because time are quite short, even so, tehre are lots of problem, wether it's the food rotation, the food itself and the arrow.


for this history page, i decided to use gsap again referencing to the gsap tutorial I had during weeks ago where the page could do a horizontal scroll, quite basic, but nice to see.


for the tradition page, I was thinking to have a white stroke as the hover, and if compared to the prototype, I widened the area so I wouldnt have to cramp everything based on the scale and all


for the sound, I used ai to generate a bg sound for me, and I did some finishing touches which is mostly just debugging buttons that didn't work and make every navigation bar could navigate to every page, and lastly adding sound effect to the button





Final Website

google drive

final netlify link (best to open using chrome)




REFLECTION

Experience

Throughout this project, I learned not to underestimate the workload of developing an interactive website. Although I had already completed the prototype in Figma, implementing it in Adobe Animate took much longer than expected due to debugging navigation, fixing animations, and creating additional assets and interactions such as the homepage, culinary illustrations, GSAP animations, and sound effects. Looking back, I should have started the project earlier so I would have had more time to experiment and polish the final result instead of rushing near the deadline.

Observation
I observed that developing interactive websites involves much more than creating the visual design. Even simple interactions such as hover effects, page transitions, and animations required multiple rounds of testing and debugging before they worked properly. I also noticed that adding extra features beyond my proposal improved the final website but significantly increased the amount of work.

Findings
From this project, I found that proper time management is just as important as technical and design skills. Starting earlier would have allowed me to solve unexpected technical issues more comfortably and spend more time refining the user experience. This experience taught me to plan for extra development time in future interactive design projects.


back to top

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Information Design - Exercise

Design Principles - Task 1 : Exploration

Minor Project - Final Compilation & Reflection